3 Innovative Ways Teachers Teach Geography in 2021!

 



In our geography unit we discuss methods and strategies which can creatively and uniquely reach students. As a student teacher I am asked to highlight three of these strategies. 

1.) Mystery Box



The first strategy as listed above is mystery box. This creative idea allows students to explore a box of items. This technique can be used to introduce a new topic. This can be done in one large box as a class or in individual smaller boxes for each student to feel individually. I believe this is a fun tactile way to get students puzzled and excited for a new unit or topic to study.

2.) World Shower Curtain!



The next great tip I would like to share and discuss is the world shower curtain. This can be hung up and viewed by the classroom each day. It is a fun and unique way to explore geography and a great visual aid when discussing various parts of the world.

3.) The Drama Button!



Sometimes things can get a bit predictable in the classroom - that is until you introduce the drama button! Simply go to http://www.dramabutton.com/ Use this tool to insert a bit of intrigue with some humor and ridiculousness that is sure to get your students gigging and even rolling on the floor!

For more innovative, tech ideas on teaching geography you can check out the full presentation: 103 creatively simple ways to teach Geography.




Comments

  1. I want to start by saying that I ALWAYS enjoy reading your work and it sticks with me from semester to semester (your cookbooks and literacy post? still one of my favorites). You are so well spoken, gentle, yet factual and personal. I look up to you in more ways than one.
    Onto Social Studies! I don't remember seeing the drama button when I went through the slides - I LOVE IT. Embracing the silly can go such a long way, and when the students are engaged (even if it is silly) they are so much more likely to remember the content! Great job! - CO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts